Thursday 9 April 2009

Welcome To The 19th Hole!

This blog has been set up as part of the celebrations for the centenary of Malcolm Lowry's birth.

The purpose of the blog is three fold:

Firstly, I will be keeping you informed of the events planned in Liverpool to mark Lowry's centenary.

Secondly, the blog will also act as a vehicle for my on-going research into Lowry's Wirral. I have always felt that though considerable research had been conducted on Lowry’s early life there still exist inaccuracies or simply insufficient local research. As we approach the centenary of Lowry’s birth, I have been working on trying to address some of the inaccuracies and attempt to unearth further information on Lowry’s Wirral.

Thirdly, I will be documenting my psychogeographical wanderings around Wirral and Liverpool in search of Lowry's spirit.

Finally, I will also use the blog to document the various themes that run through Lowry's work such as his love of cinema and jazz which I share with him.

Draw up a stool and join Malc and me at the bar in the clubhouse and enjoy the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment