Saturday 28 May 2011

Malc on The Philiad


Did I choose Malcolm Lowry or did he choose me? Why is it that wherever I go in Mexico, and even beyond Mexico, it is inevitably Malcolm Lowry that I find shadowing and whispering to me?

Lowry’s Under the Volcano was first recommended to me in Michigan in 2007. It wasn’t until 3 years later that I found a copy of the novel in a Oaxaca bookstore. I was a few months into my time in Mexico, and hungry for anything Mexico-related. Since then I’ve read the book twice – something almost unheard of for me.
Read more on the Philiad

There are several features on Malc on the Philiad blog:

Malcolm Lowry vs. David Duchovny

If it can work for Malcolm Lowry…

Morelos Journal 1: Surprise Pilgrimage to the Mysterious Mountain Pyramid of Pulque

Morelos Journal 3: searching for Malcolm Lowry’s Quauhnahuac

1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for the feature. Means a lot coming from a real Lowry authority (I'm really just a novice and a dabbler). I'll have a few more Lowry posts coming out soon....

    ReplyDelete